Hi everyone
We're coming to the end of the project and it shows!!! Very few of you are writing your diaries - I understand you have a lot of things on with courses and exams, but please please try to post your reflections as soon after the session as possible, otherwise you forget what you felt, the examples, your immediate reactions which can change as time passes! Also, as well as reporting in general terms what you discussed, it's a good idea to give examples of specific things you learnt or thought.
During your last few sessions it is important for you to raise issues which you would have liked to discuss earlier on but perhaps felt too shy, insecure or politically correct to say - it is important for you to say what you really think and discuss it with others, or raise issues you want to explore, as soon the project will be over.
Enjoy these last two weeks, and see you tomorrow!
Francesca
lunedì 29 novembre 2010
Iscriviti a:
Commenti sul post (Atom)
hi everybody,
RispondiEliminaThis week we talk about the role of women in occident and in the Arabic Countries. .
It was almos the same discussion that we have now a days in occident: Some people say taht the most important rule of a woman is to take care of children, some people say it is not... and so on.
I also asked a couple of questions to the arab participans, about the marriage and the islamic clothes. They said that in the past, familes would choose, but now, the women can choose who she wants to marry.
About the correct islamic clothes for muslim women, they said there are many different versions.Is not clear whether it is obligatory for women to wear the hiqab, but it is clear that women must wear the hijab - covering the head.
I said in some places, like Afganistan, it looks like to wear a burka is not an option. They explaned that is not an islamic tradition. Also in countries were women can`t drive a car, for example, that is not in the couran, there are local traditions, not related with the islam.
hi everyone
RispondiEliminaThis week we started our conversation discussing about Wikileaks events,and how is it being portrayed in our country?
Wikileaks has been publishing online some information that many nations have tried to keep confidential (secret).
Regarding Italy, as far as I know, there has been some rilevations about italian politic diplomacy and Berluscony's affairs.We discussed a lot because we had different points of view about this issue.
Our next topic was Israeli/Palestinian conflict, and the current relationship between these two countries.In my group there are three Palestinian student so it was very interesting hearing from them real situation about this conflict.They all agree that it is time to risolve the conflict once for all.
Making this video project, helped us a lot to know more about the real situation going on in Gaza strike.
Hi everyone!
RispondiEliminaWe had a great great great session, despite we were only in 5. The main topic of our discussion was an evolution and creation. Imane, Khaled and Aya explained how these are seen in Egypt and Morocco. Khaled rappresented the story from Ku'ran (there is the same story of the Bible), he spoked about the first man and woman in the Earth (Adam and Hawaa)and that he doesn't believe in evolution, but in a creation by Alah who created the world in 6 days. Aya and Imane agreed. I said that I want to believe in creation, and in some way I do believe, but if we consider some facts, there' s still lots of questions that need to be clear. And finally, my opinion is that is possible to believe in both. After, we had to pick up 3 events that influenced our lives. Corey talked about his student exchange in New Zeland, Imane about her trips in USA and in Europe. I spoke about my moving out from Croatia and about my life here in Italy and how this experience changed me.
In this meeting came back by popular demand the discussions in pairs: it was what we asked to our facilitators. In particular a boy with a girl to have different perspectives about the gender question. I was with Hamza, a Moroccan boy: I liked the breakout with him because we understood each other very well, perhaps due to the fact that we have the same personality; we both have a Mediterranean character; he is liberal Muslim, like me (liberal Christian); and so, I agreed with him. I had even fun because he laughed the entire conversation off, although we talked about women in politics at every level (international, supranational, local), in particular in Italy, and how depressing was this problem; about Berlusconi and his showgirls in Parliament!!!
RispondiEliminaAfter we got back to the Main Meeting Room, and the other began to tell us what they discussed (homosexuality, divorce, women role, gay marriage). Even though the discussion focused on hot topics like men’s power and control in the whole world, Hamza managed to be ironic in every sentence and that’s why I liked this meeting!!! LOL, he was always joking! He did it because, probably, there was a dissent atmosphere between girls and boys: we were talking about how much difficult is to be a woman in this world and how less do men help us… And there were also an hard argument about LGBT and religion (Islam)… Oh gosh, our facilitator stopped us because we had finish the time and we were pushing on the conversation too much (what a pity: I wanted so much to teach Ibrahiem a lesson, only because he didn’t understand homosexual people!!!)
“Well done Arianna” said Hamza, “It’s good to be a little bit polemical: you gave a lash to the conversation!” I agreed one more time with him, because the two Jordanian girl were so inactive… I don’t know why, but I really didn’t understand the fact that they registered to a connect program and then did not have anything to debate!