Padova Cairo Soliya

Padova Cairo Soliya

giovedì 29 ottobre 2015

Week Two

Hi everyone,
It was great to meet most of you this morning and I'm excited about this group, I'm sure you will really enjoy the Soliya experience.
I'm sorry that there was a problem with you accessing the blog, it should be sorted now, so if you could scroll down the page and read my previous posts and also send your diary entries for last week and also this week.
Your facilitators may have given you some specific questions to reflect on, so please use these to structure your diary entries if you find them useful.

Can I remind you to always tell Giulio if you are going to use - or if you change plans and for a session no longer need to use the lab for the sessions as he needs to know if he is required in the lab to let you in!

Enjoy the week!
Best
Francesca

2 commenti:

  1. The second week of The Soliya program started and it was more interesting than the first one. I arrived earlier so I had some time to talk with the facilitators. One of them was from Taiwan and talk about Taipei and their culture a lot because I have the lived with a Taiwanese girls before and it was really interesting. At the beginning we presented our families and it was fascinating to see with how much love a girl from Morocco talked about about her family. After that we talked about families linked with the community and I noticed how different the concept of community is in the USA compare to Europe. I think in Europe we talk about a state more than a community. An interesting game that we did was to write down seven things that help define identity and then to remove four of them. The last part was very hard to remove. I noticed that everyone in the beginning wrote their origin and their sex. The first part that was removed were political beliefs. I think we all started to know each other better.

    RispondiElimina
  2. I could not participate at the second session of Soliya on 29 of October because I connected one hour earlier in reason of the time change. My session started on 3:15 pm and I thought I had to connect one hour before this time, actually the right time was always 3:15 pm. I was in the university and I had to take the train so I missed the second session.

    RispondiElimina